The River Line Historic Area participates in Cobb County's Adopt-A-Cemetery Program. There are 4 abandoned cemeteries within The River Line Historic Area which have been adopted by The River Line Historic Area, Inc. Check our calendar to help maintain these pioneer family historic sites. Contact our Cemetery Program Manager, Mark Cearfoss, using the Contact form at the bottom of this page for more information.
First St. John's Baptist Church Cemetery
Adopted October 7, 2011
Vinings Est. 1904
Some of the family surnames buried in First St. John's cemetery: Campbell, Frazier, Jones, Kennebrew, Morehead, and Richardson.
Vinings resident, Knox Massey, is the Crew Leader for First St. John's Baptist Church Cemetery.
Adopted October 21, 2011
Interpretive sign installed 2014
Daniel Turner operated the Turner-Mayson Ferry
Daniel's eldest son, John H. Turner, was a charter member of the Nelms Masonic Lodge.
Adopted September 6, 2016
Adopted July 3, 2017
Collins Springs Baptist Cemetery (Est. 1850)
This cemetery is owned and maintained by the Collins Springs Cemetery Association, Inc. and located across the street from the historic Collins Springs Primitive Baptist Church, currently owned by the Atlanta Freethought Society.
You can help with these important historic sites
Contact us with information (history, burials, etc.) on any of the adopted cemeteries and help us maintain them.